7 Steps to Organically Increase Your Instagram Followers
Instagram is a great way to show off your brand, but it can be challenging to get followers organically. Luckily, I’ve put together a list of tips that will help you increase your Instagram following organically.
Create a Great Instagram Profile
Instagram is a great place to build your personal brand and grow followers. If you want to increase your Instagram account’s organic reach, it’s important that you create an effective profile picture, bio and username.
The first step in this process is choosing an effective profile picture: one that makes you look attractive and professional (but not too serious). Your username should be short enough so people can easily remember it but long enough for people who don’t follow you regularly to recognize it as yours when they search through their feeds later on. You want something catchy but also recognizable by others—a good example would be @happyhairday_support or @joshualewis_author! The description field should include keywords related directly back into your business model; this will help drive traffic from potential customers who may otherwise never think about visiting one of these pages if they weren’t familiar with how amazing those products were beforehand.”
Incorporate QR codes into your offline marketing materials and events. Create a visually appealing QR code with your Instagram handle or a relevant hashtag. Print it on business cards, flyers, posters, and event signage. Collaborate with others to display the QR code and encourage user-generated content. Provide exclusive content or offers to reward new followers.
Use Hashtags Correctly
Hashtags are a great way to help people find your content and engage with it. But if you don’t use them correctly, they can backfire. Here’s how to get the most out of hashtags:
- Make sure they’re relevant. Don’t hashtag everything! If you tag an event like “Halloween,” don’t tag every post about Halloween—only those related to costumes or parties (or both). This will help people find what they’re looking for faster.
- Be mindful of brand identity. Try not to overdo it with hashtags that make no sense at all; this can confuse followers who already know what brand is behind that particular tag—and even worse than that is when brands start using their own branded keywords as generic terms like #hashtag or #instagramstories
Engage with Your Followers
- Be friendly: This can be hard, but remember that you are not a product or service. You are a person who has something to offer your followers. If they feel like they have time to interact with your account, then they will most likely stay on it and follow more people (and possibly even buy something from you).
- Don’t be passive aggressive: This is when someone posts something negative about another person in an attempt to get back at them for whatever reason—whether it’s personal gain or just plain ol’ jealousy. Being passive aggressive isn’t cool!
- Don’t be rude: Also known as being “rude AF,” this type of behavior involves doing things that hurt others’ feelings without any actual provocation from them first! For example: posting unflattering photos of someone else online; saying mean things behind their backs; making fun of how much weight they’ve gained since high school graduation day…the list goes on forever! Just because someone says something mean doesn’t mean it’s okay–it doesn’t give anyone permission either way! It’s always better safe than sorry when dealing with other social media users.”
Don’t Forget to Leave A Comment
- Don’t forget to leave a comment on other people’s posts.
- Comment on your own posts and comments.
- Comment on other people’s comments, too!
Make Sure Every Post Gets Repped
- Make Sure Every Post Gets Repped
- Use Hashtags Correctly
- Engage With Your Followers and Leave Comments
Make Sure You’re Following People Who Follow Back
- Follow back. If someone follows you, it’s essential that you return the favor by following them back. This will help build trust and a connection with your followers, making it easier for them to want to connect with you in the future.
- Don’t follow someone who doesn’t follow you. Just as important as being a good followee is reciprocating those who do follow back—you don’t want anyone feeling left out! So if someone hasn’t followed back when they have been given an opportunity (by clicking their username), then that person may not be interested in connecting further with any other users on Instagram or Facebook too!
- Don’t just blindly follow anyone: Get into groups where members already know each other before taking up new members into their own group/community; this way there won’t be any awkwardness when joining another community because some people might not feel comfortable doing so themselves but would rather start off small until they become more familiarized with how things work within said community/group.”
Get more followers organically by following these tips.
- Follow people who follow you back.
- Make sure your posts get reped. This can be done by using hashtags correctly, or by manually reposting them on Instagram with a link to the original post.
- Engage in conversations with your followers and interact with their comments when appropriate.
There’s no doubt that being active on Instagram is important for any business owner. It’s not just about looking good; it’s about engaging with your customers and keeping them coming back! Whether you’re looking to increase your Instagram followers or just want to add some more organic engagement into your account, these tips will help get the job done.